The Beret Act

May 07, 2018

Winter has arrived, I know it may seem a bit absurd since its technically still a month away. However, Cape Town only has two seasons all year round, Winter and Summer.

 I created this winter look around a trending hat, the beret. The beret was re-introduced in Autumn/Winter 2017 by Dior with the help of Rihanna (of course). I also happen to think that it is also the perfect winter accessory, it's diverse, it can be dressed up or down. However, I did shy away from it for the longest time and not because it had become such a trend. I just never felt comfortable wearing one, I always felt like I was wearing it incorrectly, or it looked misplaced. Nevertheless, I think the hat becoming a trend wasn’t so bad after all, different designs of it began to emerge, you can now find berets that are studded/ beaded (as seen in the pictures). Also don't get me wrong decorative “busy” berets are cute but I do think they can be a little restrictive when it’s time to pair them with an outfit. Hence, I chose one with subtle details. I enjoyed the beading on the beret because of the soft, feminine feel it gave the hat and the outfit.







Beret: Woolworths
Jersey: H&M
Skirt (similar): Mr Price 
Shoes:  YDE 
Photography: Karniela

You Might Also Like

1 comments